01 February 2010

midstride: January

81. Settled on an obsession and began cultivation of it at the beginning of January. This particular obsession runs only four months because it will either deliver fruit by the end of April or be a conclusive failure. As experiments go, this is really just splashing about in the kiddie pool of obsession. Probably more time (and more ambitious expectations) are needed to thoroughly explore the possibilities of obsession. At the same time, it'll be easy to measure the results and I need to wait only a few months before I have feedback. If this one lives up to its promise I'll adopt another obsession come May or June.

6. The book blog is up and sporting posts for each of this month's books. It'll run until the end of June.

55. The year began with my first gratitude fast. It marked the end of the Fall 2009 semester and my survival thereof.

52. I am about half way through the Tao Teh Ching. Funny funny book when imbibed in conjunction with Napoleon Hill's "Think and Grow Rich."

75. Technically have a gratitude journal underway. I'll need to be more precise about what it means to "keep" the journal, because so far it has one entry from the beginning of January. This is clearly not sufficient. I'd like to make at least one entry per week from now on.

77. Tried out a way of preparing rice for breakfast. You take leftover rice, dump milk, butter and raisins over it, and cook it for about 30 min. I like it. Patricia gave me another recipe that I'll be trying out soon. If it's as tasty as it sounds, I'll be five recipes from my goal.

1 comment:

  1. That reminds me... next time we're all chillin' remind me to tell you about making rice as a dessert ;) <3 Miss ya!

    ReplyDelete